Pages

Monday, December 21, 2015

Christmas Art

Like many of you, we've been busy preparing for Christmas.   Here it is just a few days away, and we're finally to a point where we were able to just sit down and do some fun things without having to hustle and be on a schedule.   Breathing room is nice y'all.

I'd like to say I came up with these ideas, but I'm not that artsy, and I'm not a liar.   Full credit for these projects goes to Tricia over at Hodgepodge, she's a rock star.   I'll just show you our completed projects, and then give you the links to the tutorials so she can share her artistic ability with you all.  One great think about all the tutorials at Hodgepodge...they actually turn out looking like they are supposed to, score!

First we did the Glowing Christmas Tree project.     This is quick, and lots of fun.  I love chalk pastels, because they are so easy to work with, and very forgiving.

Next was the Christmas Nativity project.  LOVED it.  Very easy and even my non-artsy child was happy with how this one turned out.

Lastly we worked on the Christmas Star project.   This one is super easy too, but that black chalk....oh how it ends up where you don't want it, grins.
I just wanted to share a bit about what we're doing, and point you in the right direction for some great chalk pastel tutorials.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!