Pages

Friday, April 29, 2016

Weekly Wrap Up - The One With a Teenager!

It's hard to believe, but yes, we now have a teenager!   We celebrated with family on Saturday.   Olivia had her heart set on a store bought cake this year, so here's what she picked out.  Although I made cupcakes as well and she agreed that mine was better.   If only I could decorate!




Monday was her actual birthday, so the husband took a vacation day and we skipped piano and ballet.   I had planned to take the kids to the water park, but Olivia said she wasn't interested, and asked if we could all go to a movie and dinner.   I hope she's not just lulling me into a false sense of security, but hey if she wants to just do family time for her birthday, I'm good with that!!


We went to see Zootopia, and it was a cute movie, although the excessive pushing of  acceptance and tolerance was a bit much.    After the movie we ha to a had lunch at a local pizzeria that has some amazingly good, and HUGE pizza.   This is one slice, and it's not photo shopped.


We are quickly coming to an end of the school year, with only one more week of Latin, and a little math and spelling left.   I'm trying to work on a summer schedule, as I don't want to lose momentum, especially as we head into Algebra.   Hopefully I'll have something worked up to share in the next week.

On the blog this week:

If you're looking at your life and feeling stressed or overwhelmed, you may find encouragement in my post Blessings In Disguise.  I've shared a couple of product reviews this week.   If you have any issues with dry skin, be sure to check out my post about GREEMU (yes, really that's the name).    I also shared a review  YWAM Publishing, featuring a book about Douglas MacArthur, which we LOVED!!

Linking up with the Weekly Wrap Up.
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, stopping by from Weekly Wrap Up today. That is the biggest slice of pizza I have ever seen! Looks like she had a wonderful birthday, and how awesome for her to want to spend it with family! Hope you have a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That slice made me want some! I'm visiting from weekly wrap up too. Teenagers are fun, independent and a joy to watch blossom. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome birthday. My son really wanted his birthday to be mostly family. I believe it is just one of the lovely benefits of homeschooling ~ strong family ties.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that is the largest slice of pizza I've ever seen! What a fun birthday. I am finding that as my son gets older he wants less "to do" made over his birthday as well. Usually we let them choose a family outing but this year he didn't seem to want to do anything special. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!