Pages

Friday, May 27, 2016

Weekly Wrap Up - Summer Begins

Week one of our summer break was a full one.   I spent all day Monday redesigning our sun porch/dining room/class room area.   I did the spring cleaning, window and curtain washing and moving of furniture around and adding a new computer work station.   My back was achy, but I was really happy with the results.

Olivia worked 8 hours both Tuesday and Thursday at the museum.   While Olivia was working, Lindsey and I worked on laundry, grocery shopping and more spring cleaning.   On Tuesday Lindsey had a friend over to practice a song for their church camp talent show.  The goal is to play a duet of  "Amazing Grace", Lindsey on piano and the other child on guitar.    Individually both sound fine, collectively, not so much.

We've had rain 22 out of 24 days here.  We finally broke that rain cycle, for two days in a row.   It was glorious!   I was able to work in the vegetable garden and a few of my flower beds.   Here are a few shots of some of my perennial gardens.




I've shared a few product reviews this week.   First there's Science Shepherd - Introductory Science.   We'll be using this as Lindsey's curriculum for the upcoming year, and working on it over the summer a bit too.   The second review is a math game called Sunya The Magic and Wonder of Math and Science Multiplying and Dividing....yes that's the full name, and the instructions are just as wordy and confusing as the title.

I'll be out of town all day today (Friday) and possibly Saturday, depending on how things go today.  I'll do my linking up when I return.

Hope you've had a good week!
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Your flowers are lovely. Happy first week of break.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!