Pages

Friday, November 18, 2016

Weekly Wrap Up - Shoe Box Week

We started a new homeschool co-op this fall and have been trying to work service projects in to the group as much as possible.  Our first, large scale project was collecting items and money to put towards shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child.   Saturday morning we combined all of our items and had a packing party, and the kids were able to complete AND ship 90 shoe boxes!   Very proud of this small group of kids.
Lindsey wrapped up her science unit on the moon this week.   She was really excited that it covered a "super moon" and happened to coincide with this weeks real super moon!   Olivia has been learning about DNA in her science program.   We did a few experiments on extracting DNA and she also built a DNA model out of our over abundance of beads and pipe cleaners.

As I mentioned last week, we had a photo shoot scheduled with my best friend (who is also a talented photographer).   I'll try not to bore you, but here are a few of my favorite photos.  Amazing how different they look when dolled up and posing for someone else, huh?
 
 
 

I have a two give aways going on and entries are low. The first give away (ending November 22) is for the book Love at First Fight.   I'm also hosting a Kwik Stix give away!  Use the links provided to pop over to enter!

We will be taking next week off from school work to enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday.  I'll also be taking the week off from blogging so that I can HOPEFULLY get caught up on my scrapbooking.   I'll be back the following week.   Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Linking up with the Weekly Wrap Up.
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. 90 boxes?! That's great. I love your science experiments too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!