Pages

Friday, November 17, 2017

Weekly Wrap Up - The One With a Fridge!

Here it is folks, the long awaited new fridge!!!  Isn't it lovely?

For those who don't know.  We've been without a working refrigerator since July.   Last week we had MAJOR delivery issues, but now, thank God, we have an actual working fridge.  This week when I go grocery shopping I can buy cold items and fresh produce, I may be a bit giddy!!

Monday was a regular school day for us, nothing overly exciting.  Olivia had basketball practice from 6:30-8:30pm, and Lindsey had sewing class from 6-7:30pm, so the husband and I had to divide and conquer.

Tuesday morning we had a service project with our co-op group.   We went to a local thrift store and worked for several hours sorting clothing (unreal amounts of clothing).   The only academics for the day was math for both girls.   Then Olivia had her first away basketball game, it was only a scrimmage.   I dropped her off at the school at 3pm, they got back at 9:20pm and we were home by around 9:45pm.   She was exhausted!  (They lost.)

Wednesday Olivia slept in a bit to compensate for the late night on Tuesday.   Lessons were completed a bit later in the day than I like, but she got done so it's ok.   Lindsey spent her extra time working on her lap quilt, and she finished up just before we headed out to church.
Thursday we had chiropractor appointments first thing.   We went by a discount grocery store while we were out and stocked the fridge (yippie).   We came home, knocked out the school work for the day and actually have a little down time.   Basketball practice followed in the evening, and we went straight from practice to the fall sports awards.   Long day!

Friday (today) we have our last co-op class for the semester.  We'll take a break from now until the first week of January to alleviate any additional stress over the holidays.   This will also give us a 5 day school week again for roughly 6 weeks, so we can knock out some things.


Around the web this week:

Check out my article Longing for Home over at Homeschooling With Heart.    Also check out my review of Forbrain by Sound for Life.

Linking up with the Weekly Wrap Up and a bunch of other places.
Pin It!

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. We were really pleased with it. She did a great job!

      Delete
  2. Hooray for a new fridge; probably the only time it's exciting to go grocery shopping. Your daughter's quilt came out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I bought more eggs than I know what to do with!

      Delete
  3. Hooray for a working fridge, and for getting it stocked!! What a celebration!!

    Beautiful quilt too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been without a refrigerator for a while and its so hard! In one year we had to fix or replace our dryer, dishwasher, refrigerator, and stove. At least they didn't all go out at once...though I think the stove and refrigerator being out overlapped. At least it was just the oven from it (the burners still worked).

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt turned out to beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She worked so hard on it and I thought it was a great first project!

      Delete
  6. I love her quilt. It makes me want to learn how to make one. I love a stocked fridge and I am so happy you finally have one.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how to sew, but I hate doing it. I'm glad she likes it.

      Delete
  7. Hooray for your fridge!

    Cute quilt! My sister is quilting with her girls . . . I don't think I'm jumping on the bandwagon yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m still trying to get over JULY !!?!! We were w/out electric for 4 days during Hurricane Irma & I couldn’t deal.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!