Pages

Friday, November 24, 2017

Weekly Wrap Up - Thanksgiving Week

My husband was on vacation all week, so we've not had school either.   It's been a pretty low key week.    We spent time raking leaves, purging clutter and making a Goodwill run early in the week.  Olivia has has basketball practice a few evenings, and the rest have been spent at home.   We slowly started working on putting up the Christmas decorations as well.

On Thanksgiving day we made the trek out to my Momma's.   She's 90 and has dementia, so she really doesn't know who we are, or why we're there but she enjoys the company and the meal that we all prepare at her house.

Today, Olivia has basketball from 2-4pm, which to be honest annoys me.   I don't go Black Friday shopping, but if I did, I'd really not be happy about the mid-day practice.  

This week on the blog, I shared a review of a new advent book, Unwrapping the Names of Jesus.  I think we're adding this to our holiday celebration this year.    Also on the blog, I shared a post about Interest Led Learning-Quilting, sharing the process for Lindsey's project.

I hope you've all had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family.   Thanks for stopping by today, and I'll "see" you next week!


Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. What a nice laid back week. We don't even leave the house on black Friday. That chaos just isn't my thing.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try not leave the house on Black Friday or at the very least wait until late in the day to go out. We use the day to unpack all our holiday decor and start decorating the house; I take advantage of having my husband home to help out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be a little annoyed about a mid-day practice like that too! Glad you had a good Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!