Pages

Friday, August 17, 2018

Weekly Wrap Up- Last Week of Summer

This is officially our last week of "summer vacation".  We'll resume our academic pursuits on Monday.    That was a fast couple of months!   

Monday was a relatively low key day.   Olivia had her first volleyball practice with her new team and is LOVING it.   They have 2 hour practices, 5 days a week for the next two weeks with a scrimmage on August 24.   Even when regular season starts they'll be having games or practices every day during the week.  She's in volleyball heaven right now.   It was Lindsey's day to cook dinner, so she made baked macaroni & cheese, sweet sausages and lima beans.   It turned our very good!

Tuesday Lindsey was back to work babysitting during the day.   Olivia of course had volleyball in the evening.   Lindsey had volleyball evaluations for the recreation league as well.   We should know by Sunday what her schedule will look like.

Wednesday Lindsey worked at the museum all day.   I took Olivia to the health department to get her last travel vaccination.   When we got there they tried to tell me she needed 3 other shots (MMR, varicella, HepB).   I explained that no, she's up to date on all her shots, and that since she's been coming there since FEBRUARY to get shots, this should have showed up earlier if it were true.  They insisted that State Health Department database shows she needed these shots blah blah blah.  I flat refused, went home and called the pediatrician who confirmed that I was right.   They in turn had  to fax her records back to the health department so they could fix her records with the state.  CRAZY.    Olivia then had volleyball in the evening.

Thursday Lindsey was back babysitting, she's really enjoying this job.   Olivia and I went to the chiropractor and I was so happy to get my knee and ankle realigned.   It's Olivia's day to fix dinner, so she made barbecued chicken, mashed potatoes and corn.   She put the chicken in the crockpot early in the day and then finished fixing everything when she got home from volleyball.

Friday (today) I'll be away most of the day.   The husband has a vacation day and he'll be running Lindsey to her last day of babysitting and Olivia to volleyball if I'm not home in time.  Hopefully he'll think of something for dinner, grins.

This week on the blog, I shared my review of the book God Schooling:  How God Intended Children to Learn. It wasn't one of my favorite books (as shown in my review) and apparently ruffled a few feathers with the folks I review for, it got pulled.   Sorry ya'll, but I don't lie in my reviews, period.

Here's to a great weekend!



Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. I have each kid cooking one night a week too. It is great to have help in the kitchen and they are learning great skills.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to work myself out of a job, ha! But really, they are learning to be independent, and that's our goal!

      Delete
  2. That is nuts (and yet somehow not surprising) that the state got her records all messed up... why do so many state agencies seem so disorganized? Glad you got that all settled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I guess they are only as good as the people they hire.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by!