Pages

Friday, August 10, 2018

Weekly Wrap Up - On the Go

Our local school systems started back to school this week.  I feel sorry for all those kids, teachers and support staff who have to go back during the hottest part of summer when you should still be vacationing.   

I realized I haven't taken any photos this week.   Here's one I just found from a cooking workshop at the museum, so I'll share it even though it's a few weeks old.
Monday was our only day at home.  I spent the better part of the day looking through all of our new curriculum and figuring out how to best use each one within our homeschool.   I completed lesson plans for the first two weeks of our school year.  We'll start back August 20, have two full weeks, then a 4 day holiday weekend/birthday break.   During that time I'll reevaluate and see what needs to be tweaked for the next few weeks.

Tuesday Lindsey was babysitting.  Olivia and I worked on yard word, gave the dog another bath (he's finally getting rid of his yeast infection) and cleaned house.    We also worked on an online product review that has about plucked our nerves.

Wednesday Lindsey worked at the museum all day.  Olivia and I dropped her off before 9am, then went grocery shopping and ran a few other errands.   We ran by Michael's and found a new scrapbook for all of Olivia's Haiti photos, and it was on sale for $5.99!!  We spent the afternoon watching old movies together.

Thursday morning I had to drive Tom to work at 4:30am (his car was in the shop).  At 8:45 I had to drop Lindsey off at her babysitting job.  While she was gone, Olivia and I started working on her new scrapbook.  It's funny how someone as artistic as she is kind of locks up on "crafty" things.   We worked for several hours and then she was on craft overload.    I went to pick up Lindsey on one side of town, dropped her off then went to pick up Tom.

Friday (today) Lindsey is working at the museum.   We have to give the dog another bath in his medicated shampoo (if the rain holds off), then it's back to the vet at 2pm for a follow up visit.  At some point during the day I need to finish cleaning the house and make cookies for a meeting I'm hosting here at 7pm...and now the in-laws are dropping by at some point.  Just thinking about all of that makes me just a bit stressed, honestly.

I hope you've had a good week.

Linking up with the Weekly Wrap Up.



Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Aw, I hope it all works out. I hate when we have hectic days where I have no idea how I'm going to get it all done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dislike hectic days, especially one right after another. I hope you have a peaceful weekend.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were supposed to have our church picnic today, but it was cancelled because of severe storm predictions. We ended up having a free day, so we went to a $3 movie (Incredibles 2) and grabbed Chinese takeout.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by!