Pages

Friday, November 9, 2018

Weekly Wrap Up - Shopping and Volcanoes

I just can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that we are just two weeks away from Thanksgiving!  Of course, with the time change and the long, dark evenings, it does feel a bit more like winter is on the way.

Monday we were off school to go shopping with a family member.   We traveled a way to go to some new shopping adventures, hello Field & Stream!   Olivia loved this store, and could have spent all day there, but thankfully her need for lunch finally lured her back out into the free world, grins.  We had a good time, and knocked out some Christmas shopping.

Tuesday I got an early morning, surprise call to watch Becca again.  I picked her up and headed out to vote.   I'm still not convinced my vote was counting as I looked at the number when I walked up, and after my ballot went in and it never changed.  I did bring it to the attention of those running the polls and was assured that if the ballot machine "dinged" it counted it, even if the number didn't change.  I don't buy it.

We had a little hands on fun with Lindsey's science curriculum.  She's studying the ocean floor and had a unit on underwater volcanoes.   I decided this would be a fun time to break out our long forgotten Magic School Bus Volcano kit.   A mixture of baking soda, red food dye and a little vinegar is just as much fun in middle school as it is in the early elementary years.


Wednesday was Olivia's final day of treating the dog's ears.   She had to use a medicated rinse, followed by the steroid cream.   He cooperated, but grumbled the whole time, and she rewarded him with some yummy sardines (eeeww).  Hopefully this will be the last ear issue for the year, and even though it's been uncomfortable for him (and my checkbook), it's been a good opportunity for her to get some hands on experience of treating a sick animal.  Regular lessons went smoothly.

Thursday we were up early and out the door for our monthly chiropractor appointments.  Olivia's damaged hip (ballet) still goes in and out of socket a great deal and causes her a lot of discomfort.  We stopped by a discount grocery store while we were out and then came home to knock out a full day of school.

Friday Lindsey put in a full day at the museum and Olivia knocked out even more of her school load.   I'm projecting that she'll be done with her junior year sometime in March/April at this rate.  The temperatures have dropped considerably here and rain has moved in, with snow on the extended forecast already.   We had plans to go downtown to an event tonight, but I'm not thrilled to walk around in a cold rain for several hours.  Instead, I'm making a very homey meal; the last of the green beans from the garden, cooked with ham/onions/butter; baked pumpkin, scalloped potatoes and hamburger steaks with gravy will round out our meal.  I'm thinking game night will be on our agenda.

Have a great weekend!

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Yum dinner sounds much more fun than walking around downtown. I am stuck downtown for 8 hours tomorrow and it is supposed to be cold. I am not looking forward to it.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. A warm home cooked meal and games sound much more fun thank walking around in the cold rain. I too find that my boys never tire of the whole baking soda/ vinegar reaction.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!