Pages

Friday, November 23, 2018

Weekly Wrap Up - Thanksgiving Week

Happy Friday everyone!  The husband was off work all week and we've had a lot of family time this week.  On Monday he and I went out of town Christmas shopping, and had a nice lunch out together.  The girls stayed home and watched Christmas movies and lounged in their pj's all day.

Tuesday, Lindsey worked at the museum and the rest of us did some deep cleaning around the house to get ready for the holiday.   Once Lindsey was home and thawed out (it's really cold this week), we had dinner and then played board games all evening.

Wednesday morning we decorated the Christmas trees.  I don't like putting them up this early, but I've learned in the last few years, that this is the last week where we're all home at the same time until way too close to Christmas, so we just put it up and I try not to get too tired of the tree.   I always get the girls a new ornament each year to commemorate something from their lives that year.  Here are their 2018 ornaments.

 


This was our first Thanksgiving without Momma, so I hosted the Thanksgiving feast here.  in the past I've gone to Momma's and done the cooking, so this year there was no shuttling ingredients down the road and leftovers back up the road.  This was the most relaxed, low key celebration we've had in ages, and I truly enjoyed the whole day, although we did miss Momma.
Lindsey's working again today, Tom and Olivia worked on the massive amounts of leaves that blow into our yard from the church next door.  I've spent the day decorating the house and wrapping presents.

Have a great weekend!
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. oh, you had a decent week didn't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely relaxing week.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Haiti ornament! We do that same ornament tradition in our house but this year I am wracking my brain trying to come up with some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some years are harder than others to find ornament ideas. It was easy when my girls danced because I could always pick one that matched their role in Nutcracker. When they leave home and start their own trees, they'll have an eclectic reminder of their childhood.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by!