Pages

Friday, June 7, 2019

Weekly Wrap Up - The First Week at Work

This past Saturday was our local homeschool group's graduation ceremony.   The class of 2019 was small, only 9 students, but it was still a lovely event.  The girls and I were in charge of the refreshments at the reception.  It was a good way to serve the outgoing graduates, and get a feel for what we'll be in for next June as the family of a graduate.
Sunday, Olivia traveled with the folks from the farm to her first horse show.  She was in charge of the horse's tack and keeping up with equipment for the rider.  She had a really good time and is excited about upcoming shows she'll be helping with.

Monday was Olivia's first day as a summer camp counselor.  She is good with kids, but does not have the passion for them that her sister has.  Day one was a little rough, as she realized that these kids are not used to listening to directions.  She came home frazzled and not really looking forward to the next 8 weeks.  After dinner, we went to a local baseball game and that helped smooth out her frayed nerves.

Tuesday both girls worked at their respective jobs.  I dropped one off, went to the gym, then home to do a few things before dropping the other girl off at her job.  I now see I'll have two days a week to myself, so I'm planning to get in some scrapbooking time.   Olivia was not looking forward to her second day of work, at all.  But she came home in much better spirits.  She had to break up two fights (she's working with 2nd-4th grade kids).  One boy was the cause of both fights, and so he's suspended from camp for the rest of her week.

Wednesday I worked on cleaning/purging our basement.  Lindsey started a new cross stitch pattern for our neighbor's St. Nicholas Day gift (planning ahead).  Olivia's third day at camp was pool day.   Unfortunately, right after they got to the pool someone puked in the water and their swimming was cut way short.   She's starting to get more used to the job, and developing relationships with the kids, so she's enjoying the job more.

Thursday I purged my clothes.  I've lost 55 pounds and all those bigger clothes were still in my closet and dresser.  I spent the morning picking out what does/doesn't fit, and what I can still get use out of.  Everything else went in bags and we dropped it off at the Salvation Army after I dropped Olivia off at work.   She's enjoying her job now, and said she's glad she stuck with it (she wanted to quit on Monday).

Friday both girls had to be at work early.   Olivia's camp group will be traveling by bus for 90 minutes or so to go to the science museum.   This is her first time for her going to this particular museum and also the first time being in charge of a group of kids in such a facility, so I'll be anxious to hear how that goes.

I hope you've all had a great week.  Enjoy your weekend!




Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I just love that you have an actual group to have a graduation with (complete with caps and gowns!).. we don't have that. :( I've got three years left to figure out how to make graduation more special than just me handing him a slip of paper..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love homeschool group graduations! Glad everyone enjoyed a good week of work and fun. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!