Pages

Friday, December 20, 2019

Weekly Wrap Up - Twas the Week Before Christmas

Tis been a busy and full week!   Monday morning, the girls and I served at yet another memorial service meal for an older gentleman at church.   The majority of the family flew in from Colorado, and they were a bit taken aback by the sweet tea being so...sweet.   Welcome to the south, ya'll.   In the evening we attended a small Christmas party at the farm where Olivia works.

We had our regular school days Monday - Wednesday and are now off on Christmas break until January 6.  My husband is off work December 19- 25 as well.  I'm sure those days will be gone in a flash as well, but I for one am looking forward to a bit of down time, and I know the kids are as well.

We've been busy with our Christmas baking this week.  We've made cookies, cookies and more cookies, along with fudge and peanut butter balls.  Interestingly, I have noticed that since I've been making some changes to my eating habits, the sweets really didn't seem to have much flavor to me.




Both girls have done some babysitting this week, and Olivia worked a few days at the farm. Lindsey will be working at Lantern Tours from December 20-23, and doing some pet sitting during that time frame as well.   Here are a few photos from last weekends Lantern Tours.


Thursday we all ran errands and did our Christmas "elfing", delivering cookies to various family and friends far and wide.  We also went out to lunch while we were out.  In the evening we rode around looking at Christmas lights and being goofy.

Friday is a full day babysitting for Lindsey (our public schools started winter break today).  She was up early, as her charge gets here around 7am.    Olivia was up by 8 and out the door to go work at the farm for the day.   The husband is putting together Lindsey's big Christmas gift (a makeup vanity set) and I have to brave the craziness of the grocery store the Friday before Christmas.   In the evening, Lindsey will be heading out to Lantern Tours and Olivia and I are going to see the production of "Nutcracker, All Jazzed Up".   The husband is planning to go to the gym and watch movies (and most likely nap) while we're all gone.

My review of Study.com will be going live on Monday, December 23.   I will attempt to write a wrap up post on December 27, maybe.

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!!   Thanks for taking time out of your schedule each week to stop by and read about our life.
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I'm hoping for a wrap up post on the 27th too but we'll see how that goes. I find that I don't want nearly as many sweet this year either; in fact I think we've only made 2 desserts all month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a tough time keeping up with my blog at all lately. I'm so glad you do join in on Homeschool Highlights when I do get my wrap-up posted! Sounds like you've been busy with a lot of holiday preparations - very fun! It's amazing how quickly the days off fly by during this busy time of year. Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are baking cookies tomorrow. I gave up sugar almost entirely Easter week and only have tiny amounts of sugar now. I wonder how cookies will taste to me. Your week sounds lovely. I would love to see the lantern tours someday.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!