Pages

Friday, August 21, 2020

Weekly Wrap Up - Surgery Week

 Olivia has been farm sitting this week.  The owner of the first farm she worked at had to have a major surgery out of the area, and she's been in charge of their operation all week.  The weekend was hectic as she worked between the two farms.  Monday-Wednesday was less hectic.  I'd drop her off at 6:30am and just pick her up late in the evening after everything was done.  Lindsey has helped me with continuing to mop the basement and get things back in place, and she spent time in the kitchen working on some new skills.  She made a red velvet cake and frosting from scratch.  Pretty dang tasty...I forgot to photo the finished product.

Wednesday I also picked Olivia up a little after lunch and took her and Lindsey to have a meet up with friends at the indoor trampoline park.  There's a little homemade ice cream shop adjacent to the trampoline park, so we decided to throw caution to the wind and have ice cream for lunch.  SO good!!   Mom fail = not a single photo was taken.   On the way back, we found out that the farmer had been discharged and they would be traveling back.   Olivia spent the afternoon and early evening getting everything in tip top shape to make things easier on them. 

Thursday morning Olivia went back to do the morning chores at the farm, so that the wife could tend to the husband, since they weren't sure how the first morning home would go.  I dropped her off at 6:30am and then took Lindsey directly to the oral surgeons office to have her wisdom teeth surgically removed.  The whole procedure only took about 45 minutes.  However, Lindsey woke up very sick from the anesthesia, so we had to wait for that to pass before making the loop back around to get Olivia.  We were all home by about 10:15am and we settled into a day of watching tv, drinking ginger ale and pushing meds.   Neither of my kids did anything funny after their oral surgeries.  I feel like I've been short changed, grins.  

Lindsey slept through the night (and her pain pill schedule) and woke up very uncomfortable on Friday.  It took us a little bit to get her back into her happy place, but the sleep was much needed.  I spent the morning working on ballet studio work (yippee, I got paid for the first time since the first week of March!).  Once that was done, I left Olivia to tend to her sister while I ran errands and picked up groceries.   I'm just exhausted after all this running this week.

We start back to school next week!  Have a great weekend!!

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I don't remember any of us (myself, my husband, or our oldest) acting funny after wisdom teeth removal either. We always asked what these kids were given when we see them on AFV. Hope she heals up quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that the surgery went well for Lindsey. It sounds like a long week. I hope you all have a restful weekend.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wisdom Teeth surgery is no fun, but I am hoping she is getting better!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!