Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Weekly Wrap Up - Christmas Week

Hello all!  I'm wrapping up this week early, since we'll be enjoying Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with family. 

On Friday we had friends stop by to bring some baked goods and support with the passing of my father.  Saturday my BFF sent me a lovely flower arrangement to brighten my day.  Both were a nice surprise.  It's nice to have that tribe that just steps in and makes things better.


Monday we began our traditional elfing project. It's always nice to see some of the gruffest people get excited when they see the elves approaching.  Our mechanic shop has two guys, one is very southern and calls everyone ma'am and sir, super nice; the other is gruff and rude and grunts instead of speaking.  I told the gruff one years ago "I'm going to make me like you, whether you want to or not."  I found out, through the nice one, that the gruff one loves gummy bears.  I sent in a plate of homemade goodies, and a separate gift back of Christmas gummy bears and I got a loud "WHOOP" and a happy dance.   Mission accomplished.

Lindsey had a regular school day, so she worked that in around our local elfing project.  She also found out that one of the interpreters she worked with at the museum moved in on the street directly behind us.  She went up there for about an hour to meet the children, and now has them as her newest, steady babysitting gig.  She starts next week.

Tuesday we had some long distance elfing to do.  Lindsey chose to stay home and work on her school work, so Olivia and I made the trek out to my brothers and a few other folks in that end of the world.  The girls had jiu-jitsu in the evening, and took a plate of baked goods to share with everyone.  One guy "misunderstood" when the girls said "There's cookies on the counter if you would like some" and took the whole plate.  They were both too shocked and polite to point out his error.  We all had a huge laugh over it when they got home, and determined that next year they'd take individual size packs of goodies.

Wednesday Lindsey finished her school work for this calendar year.  She's officially half way through her science, over half way through geometry and a little more than half way finished with civics too.  The girls cleaned the house and we did laundry and did some prep work for Christmas dinner (we're hosting here this year).  We'll be having breakfast for dinner tonight, then heading out to Chick-fil-a for their chocolate peppermint shakes to enjoy while we ride around to look at Christmas decorations.

I hope you all have a lovely Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with your families, in whatever way you celebrate this year!

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I am sure all your elfing gifts were much appreciated. It sounds like you have some really wonderful friends to help you through what I am sure has been a tough time. Wishing you and your family a very merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The elfing tradition sounds really interesting. Have a very happy holiday season!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!