Pages

Monday, January 10, 2022

2022 Goals

The last time I did a "goals" post was January of 2019.  Since many of my goals included getting with other people to keep relationships strong, the whole pandemic thing kind of blew me right out of the water.  This year I'll set more goals around the house I guess.

I think this year I'll focus a great deal on purging, downsizing and simplifying.  I'm not trying to be a downer, but after wrapping up several family members lives (after their deaths) over the last few years, I'm just feeling like I don't want to leave a bunch of clutter for someone else to deal with.

1.  Purge Christmas decor . I used to really like Christmas decorating, but that's not the case anymore.  I've got lots of things I've not put out in years, and likely never will, so it's time to get rid of it.  I also like decorative cookie tins, and have an abundance of those as well.  I'll likely get rid of many of those, and use the remaining ones to use to give cookies this next Christmas.  Goal date: January 31, 2022

2. Purge old receipts & records.  We've been married over 20 years, and in addition to our married tax records, I also have my own records from the 80's & 90's.   Goal date: January 31, 2022

3. Purge china hutch.  I have collected teapots and teacups for years, most of those sit in the china cabinet collecting dust.  I also have lots of serving platters and other miscellaneous entertaining pieces that I rarely if ever use.  Goal date:  February 28, 2022

4.  Purge scrapbook stash.  Now that the kids are older, I just don't scrapbook that much.  I mostly do their birthdays, vacation and any holidays that I remember to take photos of.  I don't enjoy scrapbooking that much anymore, honestly.   Goal date: March 31, 2022.

5. Purge children's books.  We've done a lot of reading over the years, and we've got a lot of books to show for it.  I'll keep some of the classics to pass on to grandkids (in the very far off future).  The rest will go into the purge pile.  Goal date:  April 30, 2022.

6. Purge homeschool curriculum.  We are getting ready to move into our last year of homeschooling, so anything that is in the stash needs to either be used in the coming year or ready to head to the used curriculum sale pile.  Our local used curriculum sale is sometime in May, so this one has a bit less wiggle room in completion time.  Goal date:  April 30, 2022

7. Yard sale - time to get rid of all the purging items!   Some items (scrapbooking, homeschooling) will be listed online.  I may do FB marketplace for some of the collectibles, but most items will go the way of the yard sale followed by donation.  Goal date:  May 31, 2022

Those are my big to do items for the year.  There's still the typical lose weight, spring clean, plant the garden and work on the flower beds as well.   


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. We've slowly been purging many of the same items! We donated most of our children's books to the local library-- they keep what they want to use on their shelves and use the rest for a fundraiser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good list. My purging journey really ramped up after my father's death. It was such a disaster clearing out part of his house (stepmom still lives there).
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!