Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2022

Weekly Wrap Up - Goodbye 2022!

We had a frigid Christmas Eve and Christmas Day here.  Christmas Eve morning the temperature was 1 (yes ONE) degree, with crazy wind chill factors.  Poor Olivia had to work both days.  She reminded me of the scene from "A Christmas Story" where Randy couldn't put his arms down.

Christmas Eve evening, we traveled to the in-laws.  The drive to their place was a bit of a challenge, with more ice on the back roads than I was expecting.  I took an alternate route home.  We had a lovely dinner (albeit very loud).  We stopped by the barn with Olivia around 9pm so she could check on the horses and closed up for the night.   I realized when we got home, that nobody took a single photo.

Christmas morning, Olivia was out the door early.  Lindsey slept in until about 9.  I started cooking our traditional breakfast (eggnog french toast with warm cherry pie filling on top, and bacon).  I had also ordered our tradition Santa's White Christmas coffee and had a lovely pot of that brewing as well.  Olivia came home around 10am, and we all had a lovely sit down breakfast.


The plan was to go to church, but our service started at 11am, and by the time we'd had breakfast it was too late to get there.  We took our time and opened up gifts, and allowed Olivia time to warm up a bit, the poor thing stayed huddled under a blanket until time to go back for the afternoon shift.



The good news, after opening gifts, she went back to work warm.  Once I saw the temperature prediction, I'd planned to let her open this gift ahead of time.  However, for the life of me, I couldn't remember what I wrapped it in, and as fate would have it, it was the very last gift under the tree.


After the evening shift, we packed up and headed out to my brother's house for Christmas dinner.  It's a little over an hour drive, but at least the roads weren't as bad as going to the in-laws on Christmas Eve.  We stopped by the barn around 9pm to check horses and shut everything down for the night.



The rest of the week consisted of the kids working, and Tom and I working on a project here at home.  That post will be coming soon, just a few small things to finish up.

I hope you all had a great week!  Happy New Year to everyone!


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you managed to all get out and see family despite the cold/icy weather. It sounds like a lovely Christmas morning tradition.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!