Pages

Monday, January 30, 2023

Baked Chocolate Chip Oatmeal

On Sunday mornings, we're all headed in different directions, and sometimes breakfast is a cup of coffee, or just a glass of milk.   This week, I decided to try something different, and thought I'd make some baked oatmeal ahead of time that could be warmed up as needed, on an individual basis.  I found a yummy recipe and fine tuned it a bit and it turned out to be a big hit.  The fine tuning is listed in the "notes" below.


Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup quick oats  (See notes below)
1 1/2 cup rolled oats 
1/2 - 1 cup of brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted (or coconut oil)
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup chocolate chips

1.    Melt butter, and stir in all ingredients except oats & chocolate chips.  Stir well to fully blend.
2.    Stir in oatmeal and chocolate chips, stir well.
3.    Pour into greased/buttered 9inch baking dish.
4.    Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, or until edges are lightly brown and center is set.

Notes:  I used3 cups of quick oats since that's what I had on hand.  I leaned more towards the 1 cup of brown sugar, but did not pack it down.  I used regular milk.  I used mini-semi sweet morsels.

Serve plain, with milk or yogurt, or you could crumble it to use as a granola.    

This was a huge hit with the family.  I hope your family enjoys it!


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!