Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2023

Weekly Wrap Up - Hello 2023!!

 Happy 2023!!!!   The early part of our week was spent finishing up the basement makeover.  

Monday was my husband's birthday.  Much of his day was spent helping me moving furniture.  I baked him a triple chocolate cake, with chocolate frosting, and we ordered Chinese food for dinner.  You can tell the poor guy was worn out in this photo.  Lindsey was off work since she's a state employee, so she helped us a lot.

Tuesday, Tom headed back to work and Lindsey had her first day back to school after a long holiday break.  Olivia is still in the midst of a 19 day in a row work stretch.  I spent most of my day working on phase 2 of the house make over (post to come later).  Jiu-jitsu wrapped up the evening for the girls.

Wednesday was pretty much a repeat of Tuesday.  In the evening, the girls stayed home, and I went back to teach a class at church each week.

Thursday morning, I had a job interview. Now that Lindsey's almost done with school, and needs my assistance very little, I'm looking at reentering the work force after a 20 year hiatus.  This particular position is with a temporary agency, filling in in a payroll firm to cover for maternity leave.  I also have an interview on Monday for a bookkeeping position with a small local church.  I'm still planning to keep my part time job with the ballet studio as well.  I've been the bookkeeper there since 2015.  After my interview, I ran errands, got groceries and was home before 1.  Jiu-jitsu wrapped up the evening.

Lindsey completed the rest of her school work for the week to accommodate her work schedule.

Friday Lindsey worked at the museum (her winter schedule will be Monday, Tuesday & Friday each week).  Olivia and Tom had regular work schedules, and I began the arduous task of purging all the extra things from the basement.  I found a great "Buy Nothing" group on Facebook and was giving away things all day long!   So much easier than trying to make a run to Goodwill or other thrift store.  I still have stuff that will go that route, but the bigger items left today!  

The girls' winter volleyball league started back this evening.  Despite being tired from a long work week, and a long day they were eager to get back on the court.

I hope you all had a great first week of 2023!!  It seems like it was just yesterday that we were all freaking out over "Y2K"...and here we are, 23 years later and computers are still working, grins.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!