Pages

Friday, January 20, 2023

Weekly Wrap Up - The One Where The Dryer Died

Monday was a regular work day for Lindsey.  She got up early and completed her school work before she left.  Olivia was off work from her regular farm, but ended up filling in at another farm.  I did my usual Monday laundry day, until the dryer stopped working.  I finished up all the washing and then headed to the laundromat to dry everything.   I was floored to see that you can now use your debit/credit card to put time on washers & dryers now instead of needing to use quarters.

Tuesday, for Lindsey, was a repeat of Monday.  Olivia worked a full day at her regular farm. I had an appliance repairman come by to look at the dryer and it's a dead soldier.  Now begins the arduous task of trying to find and affordable, no frills, gas dryer that is in stock and can be delivered and installed same day.  Jiu-jitsu wrapped up the evening for the girls.

Wednesday Lindsey was home, Olivia had to be at work.  Thankfully, it was the last day of one of the dogs meds after last week's injury, so that's one less thing on my daily to do list.  Mid-day, Lindsey and one of her new co-workers went hiking.  Afterwards the co-worker came over and spent the evening and had dinner with us.   Church wrapped up my evening.

Thursday Lindsey had training at the museum that ended up turning into a full day of work.  Olivia was working as well.  I ran errands and picked up groceries.  In the evening, Olivia headed off to house/dog sit for the next several days and Lindsey went to jiu-jitsu.  Olivia will still be working her regular job Saturday/Sunday even while house/dog sitting.

Friday, I spent the morning washing laundry and then headed to the laundromat to use their dryers.  I don't mind going to the laundromat, but we were under a high wind advisory most of the day, and trying to keep the laundry in the basket from place to place was a challenge.  I also see that going to the laundromat during the day is much better than the evening.  I've got someone coming over in the evening to look at the dryer gas line.  I can't find a shut off valve and I need to know what we're doing before I get a dryer delivered, so we don't get the house blown up in the process.  Lindsey is supposed to meet Olivia at volleyball later, so the dog and I will be watching cooking shows.

Have a great weekend!

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, don't blow up the house. I hope the dryer gets resolved soon. Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek! Yes, make sure you're not blowing up the house! Oh, what a pain and I hope you get the dryer situation figured out soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!