Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

All About Reading – Who Am I? (Review)

What Am I cover.jpg

Olivia was very excited when we received our free review copy of "What Am I? A Collection of Short Stories" from All About Reading. As a homeschooling Mom, I was excited to see her rush off to read it before I had a chance to look at it!

Olivia and Lindsey loved the stories, and the drawings. I could hear them giggling out loud as Olivia read the book to Lindsey. I love the fact that the book is hardback, and just the right size for children's small hands. Each two page spread has wonderful pencil drawings that go wonderfully with each story.

Here is artwork from the story "Matt the Musk Ox".

This is the beginning page for "Broken Robot".

"Skunk Hotel" was one of Olivia's favorite stories. There were lots of discussions about the possibility of the aroma in the particular hotel. I believe "eeeeeww GROSS" was mentioned often!

Lindsey like the "Pine Tree Pet Shop" story. Although the snakes "just freak me out Mom".

I love this reader! For those of you who are using All About Spelling Level 2, you'll be glad to know that "What Am I?" follows the same sequence and word lists as Level 2, Steps 1-14

This reader will be available on the All About Reading website on April 1. The cost will be $19.95. To read the opinions of other Crew members, click here.

Disclosure: This product was provided to our family for free as members of the 2009-2010 Old Schoolhouse Magazine Homeschool Crew. Reviews and opinions expressed in this blog are our own.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!