Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Baking aka “Home Ec.”

The kids and I have been busy little baking elves these last few days.  More fat grams and calories have passed through our kitchen that I care to think about.   Thankfully, phase II is being a delivery elf; and that phase goes into effect tomorrow.

So “if” I wanted to, I could count this as math (measuring), science (the baking), art (the decorating) and life skills.   I’m not doing any of that, but we had a lot of fun together, and that’s what REALLY mattered.

005008

011014017

020

009

025

024

027

As you can see, we’ve been busy…very busy!   We’ve completed fudge, peanut butter balls, potato candy, ginger snaps, gingerbread men, snowball cookies, sugar cookies, chocolate chip turtle bar cookies and peanut butter blossoms.  Thankfully, I lost my appetite a few days ago, so for the time being I’m in good shape!

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joesette,
    Home Ec. doesn't get much better than this!
    And combining all those subjects into one: math, science, art, life skills... Wow! Your school is as good as it gets!
    Hope you have a blessed New Year.
    Debra
    http://debrasblogpureandsimple.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!