Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Activity Day–Fox in Socks

Today was our last Activity Day meeting of the 2010-2011 school year.  I have to say, this has been my favorite class ever.  The kids are just the sweetest in the world and we’ve had SO much fun with Dr. Seuss!

Our main book was Fox in Socks.   Seriously, what could be funnier than 5 year olds trying to say “a muddle puddle tweetle poodle beetle noodle bottle paddle battle”?
FoxInSocksBookCover.jpg
Then we made sock puppets!!  This was SUCH a fun thing, and I think the kids really enjoyed it!  One of the boys asked how long he could keep it for.  I said forever.  “You mean I get to take it to heaven?”   LOVE that child!

The only supplies used were tube socks (ok, I bought new ones, relax), googley eyes, pompons, yarn and felt.   Everyone picked out their materials and then I helped them to hot glue the pieces to their socks.
040
043
047
The puppets turned out as unique as their creators.  Creativity is such a fun thing!
050048
052049
053
After we finished up our puppets and snack, we read The Cat’s Quizzer.
Some of the questions are goofy, some are tricky…some are just dumb.  But we had fun.  Can’t you just see their little brains working???
054
I gave each child a “Super Star Student” certificate for the year.  Once of my lovely boys game me a bouquet and a big hug.  THAT’s what I love about Activity Day!
065



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!