Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

Weekly Wrap Up–The One With a Win!

Weekly_Wrap-Up

Ok, I know it’s not whether you win or lose, but how you play the game.  However, when a group of kids try their hardest and lose every game it is disheartening to say the least.  This week their hard work paid off and the Sparks got their first win of the season! 

Awana wrapped up for the year on Wednesday night.  Both girls received their awards for completing their books for the year.  In addition, Olivia also was awarded the Leadership and Evangelism award.   Lindsey brought home the Faithfulness award.  Super proud of both of my girls!

039038

In other news, we finished up our Activity Day for this school year.   I wrapped up my class with some tongue twisters from Fox in Socks, and then we made sock puppets.  Check it out here!

053

I’m a bit disheartened to find that Activity Day may not exist next year.  The current directors have held the position for three years and have decided it’s time to step down.  So the torch needs to be passed…but there is not hand extended to take the torch.  I’ve discussed it with the husband, and he’s not in agreement with me taking it on.  So I’m stuck in obedience (with an attitude).

Lindsey’s baseball games were all rained out this week.  So there’s no news there, with the exception of more games to make up.

Ballet wraps up next week.  I’ve been in discussions with the ballet instructor about the upcoming year.  At the instructors request, both girls will be skipping a level and going to 2 days per week instead of one.  Thankfully the classes fall on the same nights and times!

I spent time this week working on trying to get caught up on the girls scrapbooks.  I was a year behind, again.  I would have gotten finished, but ran out of scrapbooks and adhesive…so hopefully I’ll get caught up this week.

Be sure to visit the Weekly Wrap Up!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!