Pages

Friday, July 12, 2013

Weekly Wrap Up–Adjusting

I returned home from Ethiopia on Sunday afternoon, and I finally got to bed around 8:30 pm.  By the time my head hit the pillow, I had been awake for over 40 hours.   Needless to say I’ve spent a great deal of my week in a sleep deprivation induced fog.   I still haven’t blogged about my trip, I hope to get to that this coming week.  Not that the trip isn’t worthy of blogging about, but on the contrary it just seems to intense to be trivialized by a mere blog post.

In the meantime, here’s a cool photo taken from the hippo boat as we prepared to leave.  Those dark bumps in the water are hippo’s, lots of hippos…BIG hippos.  Way too close to the boat hippos.  Ahem.

Ethiopia 2013 132

After 7 years of working 2nd shift, my husband was moved to 1st shift while I was gone.  This too has caused lots of adjustment as we basically rework our lives and schedules.   This has been the first week in years where I’ve prepared our sit down family meal in the evening instead of at noon.

The kids spent this week at summer camp at the Frontier Culture Museum.   Olivia spent her week on the German farm as a costumed interpreter.  Here she is working in the kitchen preparing the Friday Feast.

025

Lindsey’s age group visits the farms for activities, but they don’t work on the farms….but they do get to go fishing a lot!

018

Here is my most treasured photo from Sunday afternoon.

Ethiopia 2013 162

It has been a good week. It’s good to be home, for now. Olivia is already saying things like “when you go back to Ethiopia….” She knows me well.

Linking up with the Weekly Wrap Up!  Next weeks edition of the Weekly Wrap Up will be curriculum choices for 2013!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!