Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013

Christmas Creativity

Our little town offers many unique stores. The downtown toy store reminds me a great deal of “Mr. Magorium’s Wonder Emporium” without the magic of course.  But it has that same feel.  Kids can go in and play with toys (not video games, but real toys), read books and have a really good time.   The folks there will gift wrap your purchases and stop to play a game or two with the kids.  I'd love to give them a shout out here, but for security reasons I try not to share exactly where we live.

Anyway, each year our town has a Christmas window decorating contest for businesses.  The toy store decided to have patrons decorate ornaments to put in their window (and they even provided the free ornaments).   We spent some family time being creative this past week.  I introduced the spouse and children to the wonderful world of Modge Podge.

My husband decided to go with a snow theme, of sorts.  He cut out little tiny multicolored snowflakes and put them on the outside of his ornament, and then placed a little tiny snowman inside.

003

014

Olivia had a different shaped ornament to work with.  She added some ribbon and stickers and ended up with a lovely creation that reminds me of the Star of David.

002

007

Lindsey became a Modge Podge addict.  She worked long and hard on turning her clear glass ornament into a lovely peacock.  (This one was my absolute favorite, but I couldn’t say that in front of the others. Grins.)

001

009

I kind of whipped mine up last minute after I helped everyone else finish up with their project.  I used Alcohol Inks and turned my ornament into…something.  I guess it’s modern art.  Although it kind of looks like a glazed sugar cookie.  Here are photos of each side.

012

011

Is your family working on Christmas crafts yet?

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!