Pages

Friday, November 7, 2014

Weekly Wrap Up–Car Schooling Week 2

We had another busy week of taking a family member to major medical appointments.   We were on the road three out of five days.  We’re learning that  sitting in the van and working on school work is not very comfortable, but it is doable.  One child did comment “I don’t mind helping people, but this is really starting to cut into my education.”

The evenings are of course filled with ballet.   The classes did presentations for the parents, and we were able to take photos.   I of course didn’t have my camera with me, but I was able  to scarf up a few of the ballet instructors photos.

splits

barre

For those of you who have ballerinas, check out Olivia’s foot.

toepointe

In addition to ballet and driving all over the place, we managed to complete a week of math, language arts and history.  Science was a little lax, but that’s just the way the cookie crumbled this week.  Besides I really didn’t want to try any chemistry labs inside the van, ahem.

Honestly, we’re all tired and looking forward to next week and getting back to regular crazy routine.

Hope you’ve had a great week!

Linking up with Weekly Wrap Up and Collage Friday.

Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy week. I love your ballet photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, totally understand about van schooling. 3 days a week my youngest son completes some of his work in the van while my daughter is at band and instrument lessons. It's not the easiest way to work, but we did it last year too. Otherwise he is bored...and school wouldn't get completed. Great ballet photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beauty of being adaptable, it's one of homeschooling's many great features. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Love the ballet pics. We miss ballet and yet are sometimes relieved to not have dance classes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Between regular classes and Nutcracker practaice we're at ballet 6 days a week. I know there will come a time when I miss it, but sometimes I'm like sheesh people, just a break would be nice. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I love the ballet pictures. I hope next week is more restful.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. At our house we call it "RinkSchooling". I have a competitive figure skater and a travel hockey player, so we are at the rink 6 days a week and sometimes multiple times a day. The kids alternate time between the ice and a table in the corner of the lobby with me and their school work. It's different, but it works for us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!