Pages

Friday, September 11, 2015

Weekly Wrap Up– The Outdoor Week

We’ve completed three weeks of our new school year, and this was a break week.   Scheduling a break this early was not what I had wanted to do, but my husbands work shut down for this week so he had to use a week of vacation up.   The good news is that this coincided with Lindsey's 10th birthday and Labor Day, so we were able to get a little extra bang for our buck.

For the actual day of the birthday festivities, we went to a local waterpark for the day, followed by dinner out.

Lindsey's 10th bday 018

Lindsey's 10th bday 030

Lindsey's 10th bday 036

On Saturday we had a family get together with the grandparents, aunts, uncles and assorted babies.   I attempted to make a Minion cake…it’s not the best of decorations, but it was AMAZINGLY good, my best ever.

Lindsey's 10th bday 044Lindsey's 10th bday 072

Monday (Labor Day) we went camping.   Everyone else was leaving the camp ground when we were checking in (this was my goal, and it worked).   We pretty much had the whole place to ourselves!  You can read all about it by clicking here.   I’ll share a few teaser photos.

Camping Trip 2015 016

Camping Trip 2015 039Camping Trip 2015 054

Thursday we went walk-about at a local wetlands area.  Unfortunately we haven’t had a lot of rain the last month or so, so the wetlands were a bit dry.  We’ll go back later in the fall and note the changes that follow the season.

Augusta Wetlands 004

I enrolled the girls in an IEW-Ancient History writing course, and that started today (Friday).  Thankfully the husband was off work to take them, as I’ll be gone all day with family medical issues (extended family).  I’m excited to hear about their first day!

That’s about it for the week.  Our little stay-cation has been busy, and tiring.  This will be out last big break until Christmas.

Linking up with the Weekly Wrap Up and Collage Friday.

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome water park! I love the cake. It is so cute. What a nice vacation week.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the cake turned out cute too, which surprised me. The waterpark is a blast, and since everyone else was in school it wasn't crowded at all! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by!