Pages

Friday, December 4, 2015

Weekly Wrap Up–December Already?!

I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving with your families.   We did a little local traveling to be with both sides of our family on different days.   

We took Thanksgiving week off from school and I finished up several more prop projects for Nutcracker.   Both of these items will be used by our various peppermints during the Candy Kingdom scene.  The hula hoops had to be wrapped in red & white duct tape (electrical tape would have been a MUCH better choice), and then strands of white and red sequins were hot glued on to their corresponding color, cause in ballet there simply must be sparkle.

100_0078

The garlands are my favorite new prop (that I’ve worked on) for the year.   These will be used by the bigger peppermints.  I went back and added more white tulle between the ribbons to ad more fluff and contrast, but forgot to take a photo after I’d added the extra.

100_0077

We seem to have turned a corner with Olivia’s science curriculum.   She’s been HATING it, and not doing well either.  However we’ve moved out of all the technical mumbo jumbo and have moved on to space and planets and she’s doing MUCH better, and actually enjoying it.   Lindsey is doing better too now that I’ve added some hands on things to her science.

Let me just say that teaching pre-algebra is not nearly as difficult as trying to figure out the scientific calculator!   Now that we’re a bit more familiar with that contraption, we’re once again sailing right along.

In case you missed it, I shared a recipe earlier in the week for edible Peppermint Play-Dough (apparently peppermint is my theme this year).  I also shared a yummy recipe for cornflake cookies on my other (recently neglected) blog.

100_0083

In other exciting news, I’ll once again be a part of the Schoolhouse Review Crew in 2016, so be on the look out for more reviews!

Schoolhouse Review Crew

Linking up with the Weekly Wrap Up and Collage Friday.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!