Pages

Friday, February 24, 2017

Weekly Wrap Up - Spring Like, Again

This year should officially be dubbed "The One Without A Winter".  We've yet to have a snow, other than flurries, and this week has been in the 70's and close to 80.   We went walk about down to the city park yesterday afternoon and the trees are flowering, not budding but actually have flowers on them.   I'm very tempted to go out and work in my flower beds, but I have this gnawing feeling that I'll jinx the east coast and cause a major deep freeze/blizzard.   You can thank me later for saving you all, grins.

Olivia is working on a two week research project/reports in language art.   She was allowed to pick her own topic and we all headed off to the library.   She came home with this stack of books, as she tries to wrap her mind around why Hitler had such hatred for the Jews.
This week on the blog, I shared our review of  History Through the Ages Project Passport - Middle Ages.   We didn't get all the way through before the review, so here's some cool photos of this weeks project that didn't make it into the review.

Archery started last week, and both kids LOVED it.   I didn't take my camera, since I wasn't sure of the set up of the class, but will take it tonight and have photos for next week!

I hope you've all had a good week!

Linking up with the Weekly Wrap Up.


Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. The weather is crazy this year. I spent lots of time pulling wild onions out of the yard. Your projects look great.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the boat project. :) And wow, that is a lot of heavy books!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving our warm weather and even wore flip flops today.. in February in New England! That's just unheard of but I keep reminding myself that winter is not over yet..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It dropped back into the 20's overnight here. I hope the fruit tree crops in the area weren't damaged, as everything here had started to bud.

      Delete
  4. Great week! Your daughter chose such an interesting research topic, and I love the ship project! Thanks for linking up at Homeschool Highlights

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is one NEAT looking ship. My lad would have liked building that. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!