Pages

Friday, April 21, 2017

Weekly Wrap Up - Anniversary Week

We took our first trip to the National Zoo over this past weekend, and as promised, I do have a few good photos to share.  Before I do, let me say that while we had a great time, my girls were quick to realize that while they like visiting the city, there's nothing like living in our small town.   We drove part way, then took the metro train the rest of the way.   This was both the girls and the husbands first time on the train, so it was a wide eyed time for them early on.  



Tuesday was our annual eye exam.   Since the appointments were late in the day, and we had volleyball at 5:30 I opted out of having our eyes dilated.  I figured this was a safety risk both with me driving to volleyball and with the girls trying not to get smacked in the head during practice.   Lindsey still doesn't need glasses, Olivia gets contact lenses again, and I've opted to go back to single vision lenses instead of the bifocals.   I've realized (through volleyball) that the bifocals have really cost me a lot of depth perception.

We're wrapping up some of our subjects.   Lindsey has completed history, language arts and science.  Olivia has completed language arts, and will be finishing geography next week.

Today is our 16th wedding anniversary.  We'll be going out to dinner this evening to celebrate.   Here's one of my favorite wedding photos, it always makes me giggle as I try to figure out what was being said or happening that caused these expressions on our faces.   And yes,  I really am that much taller than the husband.
Image may contain: 2 people

This week on the blog, I've shared our review of Readers In Residence (Sleuth) from Apologia.   This is not a "how to read" as in phonics, it's a more of a "how to study what you read" as in literature, and is great for 4th grade through middle school, so it may be worth your time to check it out.

Have a great weekend!  Linking up with the Weekly Wrap Up!
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you had lovely weather for the zoo! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather was perfect and there was no humidity, thank goodness!!

      Thanks for the anniversary well wishes!

      Delete
  2. we've been trying to plan a trip to the National Zoo soon - would love to go when hubby can make the trip too. (Mostly because I hate driving in the city!) Happy Anniversary!! Thanks for linking up with Homeschool Highlights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right there with you on the driving in the city, but no way on earth I'd let my husband drive us in the actual city! He frightens me in our own little town!

      Delete
  3. What a fun adventure to the zoo. I am six inches taller than my husband. Glad to see another similar wedding photo. Happy Anniversary.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!