Pages

Friday, July 7, 2017

Weekly Wrap Up - Summer Break Week 5

The girls were pretty wiped out after their week at camp, so we took it slow and easy early in the weekend.   On Saturday, my Momma turned 90, so we had a family get together, and then church on Sunday.  Monday we hit the gym pretty hard and then went to see Despicable Me 3.  All the 80's references were a hoot to me, but overall I didn't care for this movie at all.

Tuesday we got up early and walked down to the city park for the July 4th parade.   The girls were part of the ACTSports float, representing volleyball, and they were very excited to get to hand out goodies and see people as they walked.  We watched random neighborhood fireworks during the evening and listened to the city fireworks (couldn't see for the trees) around 10pm.
Wednesday we hit the gym, and then I managed to get a couple of things marked off my summer things to do list.  I got all the kitchen paint touched up, and the garbage disposal switch rewired.   My next big thing is to decide if I'm painting the bathroom and if so to get started on that little project.    Olivia spent a lot of time working on Algebra and Lindsey spent the day reviewing house design books planning for her future (she cracks me up).

Thursday was back to the gym, and the girls and I took our first yoga class.   I obviously misread the schedule and thought we were going to beginner yoga, no we ended up  in Vinyasa yoga.  It wouldn't have been so bad, but the instructor felt the need to comment to the whole class on EVERY.SINGLE.THING we did, right or wrong, which made us feel very uncomfortable and unwelcome.   We won't take her class again.   Then it was home to catch up on laundry, more algebra and summer reading. 

Friday we'll hit the gym, get groceries, work on algebra and read.  Then later in the afternoon we're meeting friends at the library so they can compete in cupcake wars.   Hoping to get photos of this to share next week.    Later this evening we'll go to a baseball game.

On the blog this week I shared our 2017-2018 Extra Curricular Activities list.   Like everything else, this is subject to change, but as of now this is what I've got on my radar. 

I'm working on our schedule and trying to decide when to start back to the books.   Interestingly enough, our local schools start back August 8, which is crazy early in this area.   Are you getting your year planned out?

Linking up with the Weekly Wrap Up.





Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I am very interested to hear about the cupcake wars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great week. I am hoping to touch up kitchen paint next week. I also need to paint my outside wooden bench. I better get to it.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!