Pages

Friday, September 29, 2017

Weekly Wrap Up - Summer Returns

We had slipped into an early fall here in Virginia.  Leaves were changing, there was a nip in the air and the gardens started to slow in production.   It was lovely, and then this week we went charging back into summer with near 90's and high humidity.  We're supposed to go to the pumpkin patch over the weekend, and I sure hope it cools by then. 

For those of you who may be wondering, we're still without a refrigerator.  It's been a little over 3 months now.  I'm hoping to get something before the holidays, but at this rate, I'm good either way really.  We've all learned to just adjust and it seems to be working for us for now.

Volleyball has slowed down a bit this week.   The school Olivia plays for has their fall retreat this week, so there's been no practises or games.  I just find it weird that you'd schedule something like that in the middle of a sports season and during the school week, but I guess that's something private schools do, who knew?   I did get this really good photo of Olivia from her game last week.
Lindsey and I have still have practises on Tuesday and Thursdays.  I've taken Olivia with me and let her practice with my team and also work as my assistant coach.   We're still undefeated and hoping to hold onto that tomorrow come game time.

I'm finding that late middle school and high school aren't nearly as time intensive for me. Olivia is totally independent in her studies, and Lindsey only needs me for a few small things, mostly pre-algebra.  I of course grade all their work and make sure things are running, but it's just not as much on me this year.  Now that we're in a pretty good routine with school, I'm going to be working on some new projects around the house and also on some new housekeeping and exercise schedules.  I do much better with things written down instead of just flying by the seat of my pants.

Academics are moving along pretty smoothly.  We've added Sunday afternoons as read aloud time so we can work on co-op literature selections together.   This seems to be a good fit for us and even the husband joins in, although he usually falls asleep.

We're in our fifth week of co-op.   This year we have 6th grade and up together, with no students younger than six.   We're already seeing that we'll need to split the middle school off come fall.  Now we begin the task of coming up with more classes and teachers as well.

That really is about it for the week.  Nothing earth shattering has happened, just normal life here.   I hope you've all had a good week!

Linking up with the Weekly Wrap Up.

Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice relaxing week and that you have really hit your groove with homeschooling this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so nice when your little homeschool is in it's stride. Have a lovely weekend. It is supposed to cool down here today. I hope fall sticks this time.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The temperatures did drop for us today!! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Great action shot of Olivia. I'm like you -if I write things down they are much more likely to happen.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!