Pages

Monday, October 2, 2017

Fall Has Arrived

Even though fall arrived a couple of weeks ago on the calendar, it's been a bit slower going in our weather.  We did have a teaser early on and then the high temps and humidity roared back in.

Saturday we  woke up to much cooler weather (like a 25 degree drop from Friday), and after our volleyball game and lunch we headed out to meet my brother at the pumpkin patch.   The weather was perfect, cool and crisp.   Neither girl listened when I said wear pants not shorts, they regretted this decision after being out in the patch for a while.  Like my Momma used to say, "When you don't listen, you have to feel."
Sunday morning we woke up to our first frost of the year!   Talk about a big change in a 48 hour period.  Nobody balked when I said put on pants and a jacket before heading out to church.

Monday was another beautiful fall day.   I swapped out Lindsey's summer clothing for her fall stash.   I'll work on Olivia's later on, as she tends to wear shorts later into the fall due to sports.  I also put some fall decorations in the front yard, and changed my big garden flag (which I forgot to take a photo of).  I need to buy a couple of mums when I'm out and about this week.
I've not taken many photos of my gardens this year, not sure why, it just didn't happen.   So here are a few of the remaining plants.   My asters are stunning, and have multiplied a great deal since last year.
 A few of my Zinnias are still holding on to the very end.   This is probably my favorite type of annual, they produce such a wide variety of colors and height in the garden.
 Nothing at all "homeschool" related in this post....just "home", and I'm good with that.   Do you decorate for fall/harvest at your  house?



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!