Pages

Friday, February 22, 2019

Weekly Wrap Up - Snow and Ice

I swear, sometimes I feel like this is a weather blog as much as a homeschooling one.  We have had the craziest weather this year...and this week did not disappoint.   Sunday into Monday we had heavy rains that caused flooding.  Tuesday night into mid day Wednesday we had snow, which was replaced by crazy amounts of sleet and freezing rain.  This slick/slushy mess turned to all rain overnight Wednesday and by Thursday we were in the mid 60's.   Crazy I tell you.

The husband and I had a blast out the Mystery Dinner over the weekend.  We were both farmer's, so our clothing choices were pretty easy to find.   My character ended up being a serial killer, but at least I didn't kill the guy at the dinner, grins.
Thankfully, academics have been more calm than the weather.   Math was once again the highlight of my week, with both girls getting A/B scores on their unit tests.   Lindsey is really flourishing with the change we made for her, and Olivia is going back over units that she did poorly on.  This seems to be working and I'm not going to tamper with what's working.

Olivia spent all day Tuesday at the farm.   They had the vet over to work on the horses teeth, which she found pretty fascinating to watch.  She also helped the owners get the farm prepared for the snow/ice storm that was coming in and she got to see the farm in preparation mode instead of daily routine.

Wednesday was, like I said, a sloppy mess.  Lindsey spent part of her morning making sure our elderly neighbors' driveway's were clear in case of emergency...and spreading ice melt to avoid them having an emergency.   Olivia spent time working on a watercolor project for art after the regular academics were done.


Thursday, in addition to spring like weather I did a little purging of homeschool products.   I had a book buyer come by and was able to sell quite a lot to him.  The rest of the stash has been listed at various places on Facebook.   I'll do a blog post next week listing items for sale.   School work was completed pretty early and we had some downtime.

Friday is grocery day and more schoolwork.  The evening has us heading to a birthday party that is a competitive volleyball match.   We're all looking forward to this.

I keep forgetting to share my Monday Momentum links here.  Be sure to pop over and read Surviving the Holidays.

How was your week?  Did you get any snow/sleet/sweltering heat/volcanic eruption???  😜
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. We had rain, snow, sleet and then unseasonably warm 50 degree weather.. yep, crazy weather! I had so many winter/snow activities on my bucket list with the boys and I'm not sure we're going to get any of them crossed off. Each snowstorm we've had has ended in rain and freezing rain making it all a slushy or frozen mess with no real snow fall to speak of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather is just crazy this time of year! Good luck selling old curriculum, we do that every few years as needed. Always a good thing. :) I'm getting down to the point where we don't have any to sell, we will reused things for kids down the line.
    Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its hard for me to wrap my head around both girls will be high school in the fall, and one will graduate next year!

      Delete
  3. funny about having a weather blog - our weather had the same 'issues' this week. We were lucky that it didn't cause our homeschool co-op to cancel. I will need to do some serious purging of homeschool books and materials very soon. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you will have a pile to get rid of when Kennady graduates. Whatever will you do with yourself, grins.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by!