Pages

Friday, December 27, 2019

Weekly Wrap Up - Christmas Week

Christmas has come and gone and we're charging ahead to 2020.  This past week has been full of family, friends, fun and making memories.

Monday Lindsey was babysitting here at the house.  We took all our kids, the extra young one and another teen with us to the movies to see The Grinch.  It was fun listening to random little kid giggles in the theatre.  Lindsey worked her last night of Lantern Tours and we were officially ready for Christmas.

Tuesday we traveled to my husbands family to have our Christmas Eve celebration with them.  We had a wonderful meal, opened gifts and played Scrabble for hours on end.  The ride home was nice as we got to see lots of different light displays along the way.  Funny how the big houses do very little and the tiny houses are always so bright and cheery.

Wednesday of course was Christmas and we enjoyed a quiet morning at home.  I was the first one up (old habits die hard) followed by the husband and Lindsey by 8:30 or so.  We finally woke Olivia up around 9am so we could open gifts.  We then had out traditional Christmas breakfast of eggnog French toast, with warm cherry pie filling on top and bacon on the side.   YUM!!  We watched Miracle on 34th Street and then headed to my brother's home in the afternoon for my family dinner and gift exchange.

Thursday morning the husband had to head back to work.  I spent the day purging our basement and took an entire, jam packed load of items to the thrift store to donate.  Then I took another load to the dump to get rid of all those extra boxes that show up during the holidays.  I don't like to put the boxes by the curb for trash pick up as it tends to be a "Hey, we've got new stuff" sign to the unscrupulous sorts.  I also packed up all the left over cookies and candy and put it in the freezer for later in the winter.  I'm so done with food for now.

Friday marked the end of an era.  It was Lindsey's last day working at the museum.  Her apprenticeship is only a two year program and she's officially done now.  There was much hugging and tears from her as well as her co-workers as she bid them farewell.   The weather was unseasonably warm, almost 70.  I took full advantage of the weather and aired out the house and got the windows washed.  

Earlier this week, I shared my review of Study.com.  They offer full online homeschool curriculum for grades 3-12, as well as electives, enrichment and college classes.  Be sure to click the link and pop over to read my review.

My next weekly wrap up will be written in 2020...unbelievable!  I pray you all have a wonderful New Year!


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. It's crazy to think next week is a whole new year! Sounds like you had a great Christmas. I have been trying to slowly go through the house and purge small areas here and there relying on the boys to cart out what needs to go. There are some perks to not being to lift things after all!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!