Pages

Monday, January 13, 2020

Monday Momentum - Week 2

Like I said before, I'm a planner and list maker.  Writing things out, and then checking them off is a HUGE motivator for me.  Apparently that little nudge of accountability was what I needed to get back on track.

Admittedly, I wasn't 100% on task this week with my weight loss plan, but I did far better than I have been.   Exercise is the only area that I consistently failed to follow through on, as in NOT ONE TIME this  week.   There were extenuating circumstances, and well...I just didn't make it happen.  I stuck to my 16/8 fasting and adhered mostly to a keto diet during the 8 hour eating window.  The exception to this rule was Saturday.  I had a planning meeting at the community college and they served pizza and soda for lunch.   I could have just pushed my fast out a couple more hours and skipped the meal, but I didn't, and I'm ok with that.

For the week, I lost a total of 4.2 pounds.   At one point during the week, the scale said I was down a little over 6 pounds (yes, I weigh more than once a week).  I know I didn't gain 2 pounds over the weekend, but the sodium in the soda is enough to make me retain fluid.  I also made a pot roast on Sunday and used a prepackaged seasoning mix which seemed a bit salty to me, so again there's more water retention.  In any event, a 4 pound loss in one week is healthy and sustainable, so I'm good with it.

While I'm working on getting my physical self in shape, I've also been working on my spiritual self as well. Replacing the bad habits with good habits, slow and steady and all that jazz.  To jump start the year, I've started with Joyce Meyer's Unshakeable Trust and the study guide.

I'm learning a lot through this book study.  I'm not surprised to find that I have trust issues.  While I am growing in my ability to trust God fully and not rely on self, the likelihood of me becoming very trusting of most people is slim to none.  

This week my biggest goal will be to get in some exercise, of some sort.   What is your target area for the week?



Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I managed 4 workouts this past week!! 4-- nd my goal was only 3. I lost another 2 lbs and just have 4 or 5 left for my goal so I just want to keep on doing what I've been doing this past week.. which will be hard with a few parties planned and a couple of days that we won't be eating at home.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!