Pages

Friday, January 17, 2020

Weekly Wrap Up - Friends and the Future

Have you ever noticed that when I post photos of friends/group activities my two are the only girls in the photos?   I hadn't really thought about it a great deal until I started pulling photos for this weeks wrap up.     The first photo is from an epic 3 hour Nerf gun war with guys from church.  The second photo is from the 80's Escape Room at the local library with homeschool friends, and lastly is ice skating.
 
Having a group of guy friends is good on many levels, from safety to learning how to hang out with members of the opposite gender without being weirded out.   Not to mention, the guys bring a level of goofy that takes things to an all new level of hilarity.

Monday was my monthly graduation planning meeting.   It's hard to believe we only have 4 more meetings to go before the big day arrives.   I ordered Olivia's cap and gown set, and made a mental note to order announcements and a diploma.  It's getting real folks!   School work was all completed before I got home from the meeting, I'm thinking the kids really don't "need" me around for this anymore.

Tuesday was a pretty typical day with the girls knocking out the school work while I worked on laundry, house work and graduation bullet items.  The evening saw us heading out to jiu-jitsu.  The girls have been asked to start staying for the advanced level class, so it was almost a three hour class.

Wednesday was just a regular old school day.  I worked on housework and the kids worked on lessons.   I spent some time talking to a photographer to cover the group graduation, and worked out the kinks with the contract.   That's a big thing checked off the list.  I also attempted to work on reception plans with another gal...however, getting a response to messages of any kind is proving unfruitful.

Thursday was a little different in that I went grocery shopping instead of waiting until Friday.   The weather forecast for our area is squirrelly, with snow/ice possible on Saturday.  This means everyone in the free world will be getting groceries (milk, bread and toilet paper) Friday, so I decided to avoid all that by swapping laundry day with grocery day.   The evening saw us again at jiu-jitsu.

Friday morning Olivia and I were up early to head to the farm.  Both farmers have been sick all week, and have finally gotten to the point where they needed someone else to come to tend to the livestock.  It's good to know that Olivia can walk onto the farm and take care of everything without supervision.  When we got home it was laundry day, and the kids wrapped up their school work pretty early in the morning.   We may be heading back to do the evening feeding and putting the animals up for the night, depending on how the folks are feeling as the day goes on.  Lindsey is scheduled to babysit in the evening and Olivia has rec-league volleyball planned.

I've taken a new approach to Lindsey's  world geography this year.  I've been picking out real life stories of missionaries to go along with the country/region she's studying.   She has just finished End of the Spear, by Steve Saint to go along with her South American study.  Now she's reading Kisses from Katie by Katie Davis as she studies Africa.   This approach puts her in touch with the human side of learning, and has furthered her passion for orphaned children.   I can see a mission trip to Africa coming up in her future.

For those of you following, or at least interested in my weight loss journey, please be sure to check out Monday Momentum -Week 2 from earlier this week.

Have a great weekend!


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. My middle boy in particular has mostly girl friends he hangs out with. Their moms tell me all the time that they love the lack of drama their girls experience hanging out with boys instead of other girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That graduation countdown comes so quickly!
    I loved Kisses from Katie, it is one of my favorite books.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!