Pages

Friday, February 21, 2020

Weekly Wrap Up - The Average One

The weekend was pretty laid back.  Saturday morning was jiu-jitsu, and in the evening Lindsey was babysitting.  Tom, Olivia and I watched The Great Gatsby on DVD while she was gone.  I've read the book several times, but had never watched the movie.  I chose an older copy from A&E hoping to have a more discreet viewing.  My plan worked well and other that the gruesome death of Myrtle, it was an enjoyable movie.  The logic behind the movie was that the upcoming homeschool prom theme is the "Roaring 20's" and I thought this might be a good way for Olivia to get ideas on dress and dance styles since she's planning to attend prom.

Sunday was church as usual in the morning, followed by a nice family dinner in the early afternoon.  Both girls went to their babysitting job in the evening.  Tom and I used a gift card to go out to dessert while they were gone.

Monday was a beautiful, sunny day.  I spent a couple of hours holed up in the basement catching up on scrapbooking.  The natural light coming through the basement windows helped my creative juices to flow, and kept me from feeling like I was locked away in a dungeon.  The girls also enjoyed seeing blue sky and sunshine while they worked on their lessons.  Monday's are our open evening, so there was nowhere to be after dinner.

Tuesday was pretty average.  The girls worked on their school work, I worked on house work and after dinner there was jiu-jitsu.

Wednesday morning Lindsey went to her weekly morning babysitting job.  I spent a good part of my morning on the phone with the company we have our car loan with.  This is a large, nationwide lender, and apparently, whoever they have processing payments has no idea how to post a payment correctly as there's been an issue for months now.  It's disconcerting, when you're sending in extra each month to go towards the principal and you get notification that you're past due; then you speak to their customer service person who absolutely cannot understand that if I've sent in an additional $27.50 each month with my payment, I have in fact covered the minimum due.  I really do fear for society as a whole.

Thursday we finished school by lunch time and then ran errands.   We picked up library books for Lindsey's research project on Uganda and dropped the Great Gatsby back at the library.  We also spent a great deal of time attempting to find suitable undergarments for the skinny child.  Not a single store in our town carries anything that will fit.  We had jiu-jitsu in the evening.

Friday was grocery day for me.  The kids finished up lessons early.  In the evening we have a field trip to the observatory scheduled, followed by a cosmic bowling birthday party at 9pm.

Blast From The Past

Today's blast from the past takes us way back to 2014.   We did a pretty extensive unit study on the Westward Expansion of the United States in it's formative years.  Included in the unit study was this great hands on moccasin craft we did.


Have a great weekend!


Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great week; love those moccasins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a mostly fun and positive week, but sorry about the frustration over the car loan. Ugh. I've had similar issues in trying to sort out payments that we DID make but somehow don't get applied or recorded correctly. And yes, it's disturbing. Hope your weekend is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry about the car loan issues. We have run into that before. We had so much trouble when Katie was in one particular facility. I was on the phone every month trying to explain to them their payment system. The boss offered to hire me at one point because I was so good at math...which I am only average. Crazy. I hope you all work it out. The moccasins are adorable.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!