Pages

Monday, March 30, 2020

What I'm Reading - February into March

I'm always reading something, but have never done a post about it.  With all my free time these days I thought I'd take time to tell you what I've been up to.   I'm not telling you to read them, I'm not suggesting you buy them and I've not been asked to review any of these.  It's just what I'm reading and thought some of you might be interested.
Ironically, a book I had in my pile prior to this whole COVID-19 thing started was When All Hell Breaks Loose by Cody Lundin.   Lundin is a unique guy to say the least.  However, he has a lot of good, common sense information about surviving/adjusting to great changes.   He's not a "build this explosive out of gum, a straw and blah blah blah" type of guy.  But he gives you information on relative things like how much food/water you should keep in stock for your family on any given day, various ways to light a fire, how to be creative in your cooking, foraging, bathing without a shower and ya'll WHAT TO DO WHEN THERE'S NO TOILET PAPER!   The biggest selling point for me for this book is that he tries to get the reader to focus on their mindset and to get mentally in survival mode.

Let Food Be Your Medicine: Dietary Changes Proven to Prevent or Reverse Disease  -     By: Don Colbert MD

Let Food Be Your Medicine by Dr. Don Colbert has been on my reading pile before, so I decided to revisit it.   I love how he thoroughly explains the ins and outs of how foods affect the body and various health conditions.

Dr. Colbert's Keto Zone Diet: Burn Fat, Balance Appetite Hormones, and Lose Weight  -     By: Don Colbert M.D.
Keto Zone Diet by Dr. Don Colbert is also a re-read for me.  I like to reread things to help keep the information fresh in my brain, but I also know that I can pick up nuances on a second reading that I may have missed the first time around.

Miracle on Voodoo Mountain: A Young Woman's Remarkable Story of Pushing Back the Darkness for the Children of Haiti       -     By: Megan Boudreaux

Miracle on Voodoo Mountain by Megan Boudreaux was one of the books I got for Lindsey to read for her world geography class.  Since it was about Haiti, I sat down and read it all in one day, and Olivia followed suit.  Great insight into how things really are in Haiti, and how just showing up with handouts doesn't help.

The Potluck Club by Linda Evans Shepherd and Eva Marie Everson was a brain candy book that my friend Yvette loaned me.   It's a Christian novel that focuses on a group of church ladies from a small town in Colorado.  The book is written from the view point of each lady, with different chapters being written by different characters.  I had to laugh at some of the catty-church lady things that are so true in any church.  However, when you look past that, you see some great friendships and see how to walk through the hard spots of life together.  Recipes are included!


The Potluck Club: Trouble's Brewing by Linda Evans Shepherd and Eva Marie Everson, is the second book in the series.   It picks right up where the fist book left off as the authors continues to build the characters and walk you through their relationships and lives.   There's also a few good recipes here!

Those are just a few of the books I've been reading.  I know there's been more that what's listed but these are the only ones I remember at the moment.

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, the Potluck Club sounds like a series I would enjoy! It's nice to read "fluffy" books sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!