Pages

Friday, April 16, 2021

Weekly Wrap Up - Winding Down

The weekend was exhausting on many levels.   I actually ended up going to bed around 7:30pm on Saturday evening and slept through until time to get up to take Olivia to work at 4:45am Sunday.  After the morning shift at the farm, we went to the first service at church.  I made Belgian waffles for breakfast, and then we all rested until time for Olivia to go back to the afternoon shift.  In the afternoon, I took the girls shopping and we picked up some fried chicken from the deli and continued to chill.

Monday was pretty low key.  Lindsey knocked out her school work early.  I worked on laundry, and then Olivia finished it up while I took Lindsey for another driving lesson.  Her driving has improved pretty quickly, and she's even been working on some backing up skills. 

I spent the better part of the day trying to find a way to contact an actual human being at DMV, since Olivia's driver's license never showed up.  You can't call or email, or just go to the DMV without an appointment.  You can however message them on Facebook and they'll send you a canned responses within 48 hours. 

I had some excess potatoes that I needed to use up, so I made a big pot of Baked Potato Soup with a crusty loaf of bread for dinner.

Tuesday morning Lindsey had to be at work at 7:30am.  Olivia had a job interview at 10am about 40 minutes south of us.  The company is a breeding farm for show ponies, miniature horses and even a few Friesians.  They do hunter/jumper, dressage and driving.  The facility is pretty nice, the owners are a bit...quirky.  It would be a great learning experience, but without having her own vehicle yet, it likely wouldn't work.   

After several canned responses from DMV, and my replies pointing out that what they were sending wasn't addressing the issue, I got another response telling me to provide a phone number where I could be reached.  Once I sent that in, the response came back that they would call me within 3 business days, but would only attempt to call twice, so "you need to have your phone with you at all times, and be available to speak when we call."  

I made the BEST homemade chicken enchiladas and rice for dinner.   Now that I'm writing my wrap up, I realize those would have made a great photo, sigh.  The girls wrapped up their evening with jiu-jitsu.

Wednesday morning Olivia worked the morning shift, then came home and had a virtual interview with the YMCA at 10:30am. She'll be returning to the YMCA's summer program as a lead counselor this year.  Lindsey worked 10:30-1:30 and had all of her school work done before going to work. 

The DMV called me late morning, and confirmed that yes, they did mail Olivia's license in March, without any way of tracking it.  They're issuing a 2nd license and we're hoping this one arrives within the 15 day window they mentioned. The evening wrapped up our last Wednesday night church class until the fall.

Thursday, before heading out to work, Lindsey finished her civics class for the year.  Now she's only left with grammar and literature to work on.   Olivia had another phone interview with the local college equestrian center, and scheduled an in person interview for Friday.  Jiu-jitsu wrapped up our evening.

Friday morning Olivia worked the early shift.  We all worked on cleaning house and washing bed linens and had that knocked out pretty quickly.  Lindsey worked her regular afternoon shift and Olivia had an interview mid-afternoon.  I'll update on that later.  We've got friends coming over later this evening for games and pizza, hopefully I'll take photos of that.

Have a great weekend!


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. That is such a bummer about her license! My son's showed up on the very last day they told us it might take and we were sweating it not knowing how to get a hold of anyone if it didn't show up. Hopefully you'll get it this time around (crazy that they send these out without any sort of tracking info isn't it?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The whole DMV thing is crazy. I have to start messing with them again soon. I am not looking forward to it. You all are keeping very busy and productive.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!