Pages

Friday, July 9, 2021

Weekly Wrap Up - Early July

 You may have noticed that my Weekly Wrap Up's are a little more spread out these days.  Right now, there's not a whole lot going on while we're on summer break, so I skip a week here and there.

July 4th was this past weekend and we did a little celebrating.  First, I decorated the house.  I don't have much decor in this theme, so it didn't take long.   Changing out my house and garden flags was the first task.


Then I added a festive table cloth to the dining room table.  Additionally, I found these cute drink holders at the Dollar Tree and bought one for each of the kids...then realized they were too big to fit in any cup holder in the known world.  The cups are now considered table decor.


That's the extent of my decorating.  I should probably work on that for next year.

Sunday was a regular work day for Olivia, in the evening we went out to my brother's home for a cook-out.   I made a two new recipes to share, antipasto tortellini pasta salad and loaded ranch potato salad.  Both were delish!  The temperature was unseasonably mild, so we had a fire pit after the sun went down.  We got to watch fireworks all over the place while we were there.  

Monday was a regular work day for Olivia too, but they did let everyone leave 2 hours early since the rest of the college staff had the full day off with holiday pay.  In the evening, we went out to friend's house in the country.  There was a great deal of people there, and we all rode on hay wagons up into the dark country side.  Once there, we had a reading of the Declaration of Independence as sand the National Anthem as a group.  We then enjoyed one of the best fireworks shows we've seen in ages.  Riding back out to the main parking area, we got to watch millions of lightning bugs fill the air, and the trees.  Frogs and whippoorwills were calling to each other and it was as if we'd stepped into a completely different time and place.
Lindsey's PT was supposed to end this week.  Unfortunately, her progress was slow the first few weeks and she's not where she needs to be, so we've added 4 more weeks on.  The good news is she won't need surgery.

That's about it for this week.  Have a great weekend!
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. What a fun week. I am skipping a week here and there too. I do hope to actually put up a post today...we will see if I have time. I don't just now.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, summer is so laid back that we don't have nearly as much to post. Looks like a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful 4th of July weekend; what a great photo of the fireworks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!