Pages

Friday, December 24, 2021

Weekly Wrap Up - Christmas Week

The weekend was pretty low key.  Olivia worked her regular morning/afternoon shift.  We went out Saturday to pick up a few last minute items (fruit cake being the big item on my list).  We also went downtown and checked out the pop up market and roving entertainers.  There was a lovely bagpipe group playing Christmas carols on the square.   Lantern tours wrapped up and now we're just chugging on towards Christmas with no commitments.

Monday morning, Tom and Olivia headed off to work early.  Lindsey worked on her school work while I ran out to "elf" our mechanic and a few other places.  We waited for our trash collection guys to come by so we could give them their plate of treats for the week, and then we were off to elf long distance.  We went out to my older brother's house and he fixed us a feast for breakfast, including homemade sausage gravy!  I had difficulty locating the younger brother, and he didn't answer via text so we left his package on his front porch and hoped it was still there when he finally went home.  

Tom's boss texted around 4:30pm to let him know the plant got furloughed the rest of the week.  He will be off work starting tomorrow and won't return until January 4.  We elfed a few other people in the evening and watched Christmas movies.

Tuesday Lindsey and Olivia were both out the door early to go to work.  Once Lindsey was dropped off, and the coffee kicked in, Tom and I tackled a big project I've only recently decided to do.  We'd had a HUGE pine tree beside the driveway when we bought the house.  I'd planted a lovely shade garden under it.  However, two summers ago, there was some screw up with the utility company and they butchered the side of it and left it lopsided and a danger to the house and the neighbor's house.  In tracking down the culprit, the electric company then came and cut the whole tree down.  My shade garden became an overgrown ugly mess.  We tackled getting all the plants and vinca vines uprooted.  We had 14 huge black trash bags full of vines.  It looked much better (although I forgot to take a before photo, so the after makes no sense).   My brother stopped by in the afternoon for a visit.  I completed laundry and we had dinner before the girls left for jiu-jitsu.

Wednesday Olivia went to work early, Lindsey didn't have to be anywhere until 1:30.  Lindsey finished up her school work for this calendar year and is officially on Christmas break until January 3.  I worked on indoor projects and deep cleaning.  I put baked potatoes in the crockpot early in the day, and we had a simple baked potato dinner after Olivia got home from work.  The evening was spent watching Christmas movies.


Thursday morning only Olivia had to work.  Lindsey and I ran to the grocery store to pick up milk and a few other last minute grocery items.  It slays me that two days before Christmas there was only one check-out line open, my mistake was going to Walmart instead of one of the other grocery stores.  The girls had jiu-jitsu in the evening, and then we all watched the Charlie Brown Christmas show.

Friday morning (Christmas Eve) was the only day that everyone has off work.  We all decided to sleep in...which meant I woke up around 6, followed by Tom and Lindsey by 7am.  Olivia takes her sleeping in seriously and I'll likely have to wake her up sometime.  In her defense, she's working long days out in the cold, so she deserves to rest.   I'll work on laundry and do some dusting today.  I'm putting macaroni and cheese in the crockpot and we'll head to the in-laws for dinner at some point.

I hope you've all had a great week.  Have a Merry Christmas!
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas! It sounds liek a wonderful week. Congrats on getting a big project done. That always feels good.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!