Pages

Friday, December 31, 2021

Weekly Wrap Up - Goodbye 2021

The last week of the year has been low key for us.   Lindsey and Tom were off work all week, Olivia was on her regular schedule.

Monday, Lindsey helped me take down all the Christmas decor.  Yes, I know it's early, but this was the least Christmassy feeling Christmas ever, so we were all glad to have the stuff out of the way.  Tom finished a gardening project we started last week.  

Tuesday I spent time researching and ordering curriculum for Lindsey's senior year.  I might add a class or two, but I got the majority of it ordered.  The evening consisted of jiu-jitsu and HGTV.

Wednesday I spent the day at my brother's house.  Olivia started a house/dog sitting gig, so she didn't come home after work, but went to the other house for the next few days.  

Thursday I got a later start than usual for grocery shopping.  I now see the error of my ways and will never again go mid morning.  I came home and put baked potatoes in the crockpot for dinner and then got started on laundry.  Olivia came by around 6pm and ate a quick baked potato and then she and Lindsey left for jiu-jitsu.   She came in to shower after class and I did the typical mom thing of sending her home with food for the next few days.  I even sent her own little bottle of sparkling apple cider for her to ring in the new year with.

Friday Tom and I went back out to my brother's, and Lindsey ended up babysitting for a couple of hours.  It was Olivia's day off from all things horsey, so she spent the day napping and watching tv with the dogs she's sitting for.  We'll have a low key New Year's celebration at home and call it a year, with any luck I'll be sound asleep by 10pm.

Happy New Year to you all!

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. The kids insisted that we stay up until midnight. We were in bed and just called out to each other and then turned off the lights. I know what you mean about the not very Christmassy feeling this year. Hope 2022 is better for all. It is starting off rough over here with surgery in just a few days for our oldest and the hospital has already notified us that the beds are full with Covid so we will have to take him home directly from the operating room. No 24 hour stay for him which is the standard.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was asleep by 10 for sure! We took our tree and decorations down the day after Christmas... every year I say I'm going to leave them up a bit longer to enjoy and then end up "organizing" the house and down they go!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!