Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2022

Weekly Wrap Up - Summer Break Check In #1

 Happy Saturday!

We're on summer break here, so I won't necessarily be doing a weekly post, unless something epic takes place.  I will try to do an every two week check in.

I've been making progress on selling curriculum on my FB post.  I've got several things listed here, and a few on other sites.  For the most part, I've gotten rid of the big ticket items.  I've offered left over items to a local co-op, and while they are interested, their commitment to pick up is lacking.  Most of that will be going to donation elsewhere this week.

This was supposed to be Lindsey's last week babysitting, but due to an unreliable grandparent, she's agreed to stay through June 16.  The new full time replacement should be free from her previous commitment by then.  

Olivia is loving her job as an equine vet assitant.  She's getting to travel and meet lots of new horse people, and is learning so much from the people she works with.  This past weekend was her last weekend at the job she's had for the last three years.  She hated to give that up, but she's wanting to have some weekends free and I don't blame her.  In three years, she had two weekends off.   She is still on call for emergency for that farm and two other places as needed.

This week the girls and I traveled to Lexington, Virginia to attend the Virginia Barrel Racing Classic.  Olivia's been to the facility several times, but it was a first for Lindsey and I.  We had a lovely lunch on the patio of a local restaurant and watched hours of barrel racing.   It was a great day with my girls.


I hope all is well in your world!

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. My youngest sister works with an equine vet and is loving her job... really she just loves anything with horses. I have been to a few horse shoes (with said youngest sister) but I have never seen any barrel racing events up here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!