Pages

Friday, July 1, 2022

Weekly Wrap Up - Summer Break Check in #3

Lindsey finally finished up her nanny jobs this past week.  She may have danced a little jig at the end of the week.  She still has the baby sporadically, and loves ever minute of that, so he'll be her only child for a bit.

Olivia has picked up some extra days at her regular job, and a few fill in weekend days as well.  She's still in high demand, which speaks well of her work ethic and reputation.   She's had to turn down a few new pet sitting opportunities.

Exciting news!  Lindsey will get to play volleyball for her senior year!  The private school where she and Olivia played in 2019 has revamped their sports program and contacted us this week about Lindsey coming back on board to play this year.  She's very excited about the opportunity.  She's already bought new volleyball shoes and knee pads.  She had 4 hour a day practices, everyday this week.

I swapped out my spring decor for my summer items this week. It's not really a huge change, just my garden flags, pillow covers and dining room table cloth.  I feel accomplished though, it's the little things anymore.




Our garden is doing well.  We've harvested lettuces and greens since April. I've cut them all down low, and hopefully they'll come back for a bit longer.  If not, I'll replant in late summer for a fall harvest.  Beets are about ready to harvest, and there are a few squash that will likely be ready within the week.  Tomatoes seem to be slow growing this year, but we do have several out there.  The purple basil just pops up wherever it sees fit to grow.  It's not as tall as it was this time last year, or as abundant, but it will be here for the long haul.


My daylilies are in bloom all around the yard.  Most of my spring flowers are done, so these are all the color I have until the asters, coneflowers and hollyhocks start to bloom.



I hope you all have a lovely Indedpence Day weekend!


Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Your flowers and garden are looking fabulous! So glad Lindsay gets to end her senior year playing volleyball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just saying to my husband that the Tomatoes seem to be growing very slowly...hmm. I hope you all have a safe and lovely weekend.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your summer decor looks nice! Fresh:) And your gardens are very impressive! Have a wonderful Fourth!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!