Pages

Friday, August 19, 2022

Weekly Wrap Up - The Last First Week of Homeschooling

Monday was our last official first day of school.  Senior year for the youngest came very quickly.  Lindsey has a relatively light academic load this year, technically she had enough credits to graduate without this year, but I figured I'd give her another year to mature, and she'll still graduate at a very young 17.   After school work was done, we went out to lunch at her favorite Mexican restaurant to celebrate senior year.  She had 2 hours of volleyball practice in the evening.

Tuesday's lessons went by pretty quickly.  She had two hours of volleyball practice in the afternoon, followed by jiu-jitsu in the evening.   Olivia has started coaching the two kid's classes on Tuesdays & Thursdays.  I was surprised by this turn of events, but she seems to be connecting really well with the kids.

Wednesday was pretty standard.  School work is going well.  The literary criticism class is proving to be the most time consuming because of the heavy amount of reading.  Olivia was "on call" for her office, so she stayed close to home in case there was an emergency that she needed to respond to.  I drove out to visit with my brother for the day.  Volleyball practice wrapped up the evening.

Thursday morning I did my standard grocery run.  Lindsey got all of her school work done while I was gone.   Our Aldi's had beautiful mums for $3.99 each.  I bought two red ones to put by the front door. There are lots of blooms on each plant, so they are going to be full of flowers shortly.  I used our outdoor wood box as a "potting table" to work on.

In the afternoon, Lindsey had volleyball practice and team photos.  Jiu-jitsu wrapped up the evening.  Lindsey got her 4th stripe on her belt and will be testing for her blue belt in the fall.  It's hard to believe she can hang with that big guy, and even submit him on occasion.


Friday morning, Olivia and I had eye appointments at 7:30am.  I'm always stunned by how little the doctor actually does in comparison to the assistant.  I ordered new glasses for the first time in several years, and will very happy to get something new for a change.  School work went well, and we finished our first week without any hiccups.   Olivia was asked to fill in at her previous farm for the afternoon.  Apparently, the barn manager has a potentially serious back injury, and Olivia may be picking up some of the slack there a few days a week.  Lindsey will be helping to coach the middle school volleyball team in their first match tonight.

I hope you've had a great week!




Pin It!

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by!