Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Weekly Wrap Up - The One with all the Basil

When we first moved here, I started a little herb garden, and bought a lovely purple basil plant.  I bought it more for the color than for the fact that it was basil.  It has been, by far, my best investment in a plant, ever!  Every year, in late summer I post on FB and asked if friends would like some plants.  I think I've given all of my gardening friends enough to last over the years.  This year I posted in a local FB group and ended up giving away 28 plants in two days.  When I say plants, I don't mean tiny seedlings, I mean huge plants.  My garden fence is there somewhere.

There was no volleyball this week, so Lindsey's schedule was a little lighter.  She did finish her 1850's costume in her down time.  I'll be doing a full post on that process shortly.

School work has been going very well.  Lindsey is enjoying her Advanced Pre-Med, which surprises her as much as it does me.   She's also had a couple of days of babysitting this week.  Apparently the families she quit for haven't gotten their ducks fully in a row yet.

The rest of the week was pretty typical.  Lindsey picked up a couple of babysitting jobs throughout the week.  Apparently the folks she worked for were a little behind on securing new childcare at least one child per family.  

Have a great weekend!

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Finding childcare is very difficult around here. I start a nanny job in a few days. I was hired out of the blue by word of mouth. I never even got around to advertising. Wow, pre-med must be challenging.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH wow! That plant has really taken off. My basil doesn't seem to be doing very well this summer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!