Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2022

Weekly Wrap Up - St. Nicholas Week

Monday was pretty typical, work-school-laundry.

Tuesday was St. Nicholas Day and I snuck our little treat package over to Ms. Kay's front porch just after daybreak.  This year I purchased a little gingerbread man, some fresh Luxemburgerli, an orange and some gold colored chocolate coins.  In my hurry to get everything packaged and on the porch early, I forgot to take a photo of the little package of goodies.  

Everyone was home during the first half of the day, so we were able to get the Christmas tree decorated!  Scheduling has been a challenge this year.  I know at some point it'll be me decorating and everyone else enjoying it when they get home, but this year we made it work (in stages).



I was able to get a few of the larger decorations in place after everyone headed off to work and jiu-jitsu for the evening.   Here are a few photos of a couple of favorite pops of Christmas decor.




Wednesday everyone did their regular routines.  I spent time wrapping presents and getting them in piles.  Lindsey got everything organized under the tree.  She's very particular about the arrangement of gifts.

Thursday morning I went grocery shopping.  I was floored to see eggs at $3.98 a dozen!  I can't get over the crazy price gouging that is going on on staple items.   I did not purchase eggs at that price and will check on local sourcing, or Christmas baking just won't be happening this year.   In the evening the girls had jiu-jitsu.  Olivia ended up being the instructor for the teen class.

Friday we had chiropractor appointments in the morning.  Then we went to a few shops, stopped by the bakery for fruit cake (OMG ya'll, ist delish!) then stopped for lunch at a little 50's style diner, and were back home for Tom to get to work on time.

Around 1:30pm, the girls and I headed out to my brother's to pick him up, then we drove to a nearby little town to visit an old General Store mom used to take us to as children.  We walked around downtown, did some selfies, had a GREAT dinner at a little pizza place, then drove on a bit futher to see one particular decorated house.  The girls and I got home about 9:30, but it was a great afternoon/evening.





Have a great weekend!!!


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. We've seen eggs so as high as $8 here!! It's nuts! Stick butter was pretty scarce this week and I told my husband that will be going up in price again next week I'm sure. Your house looks lovely all decorated for the holidays... I was just saying this afternoon that we need a night to drive around and look at lights as we have yet to do that this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my word!! $8 a dozen is crazy!! butter is also high, and hard to find here, and cream cheese is scarce as well!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by!