Pages

Saturday, March 25, 2023

Weekly Wrap Up - Hello Spring

Spring arrived on Monday, and it was a frigid 17 degrees here.  I'm not amused. I'm ready to be working out in the flower beds and garden.  I will have to plant my lettuce and beets this week and hope for the best.  If I wait too long, they'll be taking up needed space when warm weather planting time comes.

The girls have been busy little bees.  Lindsey had her first overnight house/pet sitting job over the weekend.  She enjoyed it, but was glad to be back home in her own bed when the weekend ended.  She's been working 5 days a week at the museum trying to prepare the team for Military Through the Ages event at Jamestown Settlement & American Revolution Museum at Yorktown.  Here is a photo of the team that went, in full costume.  Each uniform, including the leatherwork was hand stitched, all within a four week window.


In addition to being an interpreter on the 1850's site, Lindsey is training to work the German site and the 1760's Settlement.  Here she is in her settlement costume.  She is so stinking adorable.


This week, I ordered her high school diploma and graduation announcements.  We're wrapping up our homeschooling journey really quickly!

Olivia is busy with work and jiu-jitsu.  She's been going to various seminars and is now officially an instructor.  I edited her bio to take our where we live.  I'm sure it's not hard to figure out if anyone really thinks about it, but no point in making it easier than necessary.


I share what the girls are doing outside of their education for several reasons.  First, I'm a proud mom and I like to brag on my children, no apologies either.  Second, for those who question "success" for homeschooled students "in the real world", I like to show that homeschooled students/graduates can be just as successful, if not more so than their peers.  Being allowed to follow your passions, and not just be forced to fit into a cookie cutter mold is a wonderful gift.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!