Pages

Friday, April 7, 2023

Weekly Wrap Up - The One With a Surprise!!

 
This past weekend, was my 55th birthday.  I always make over other people's birthdays but don't really think much about my own...as the numbers slowly creep up.  Saturday, my husband took me out for breakfast and then we did some antique mall shopping.  We were gone for about 3 hours.  The church directly beside our house was having a big Easter Egg Hunt, and as we pulled in, I commented to Tom that based on all the cars, they had a really good turnout, despite the horrible weather.

Then I saw a receipt blowing through the yard and grabbed it up. Briefly looked at it and said something like "wow, somebody ordered a lot of pizza".  Then I walk into my sunporch and there stood about 30 of my closest friends and family yelling "Surprise!"

Ya'll, Lindsey spent the last 3 months planning a surprise birthday party for me, because I've never had a party, EVER.  It was literally the best birthday ever!  Friends from 2.5 hours (and 30 years of friendship) were here, family, in-laws and a few newer friends.  I didn't take any photos, but did have a couple people send me a few snapshots.

The amount of coordination, sneaking and preparation that went into the whole thing was pretty amazing.  All of my inner circle were so worried that they would end up being the one to let the cat out of the bag, but I was totally surprised.

The rest of the week has been a flurry of activities.  

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!